STI’s, or Sexually Transmitted Infections, are very common and though most are easily treated
some people find it too embarrassing to talk about them.
At the INP Medical Clinic there is no need to feel awkward or shy, we have seen it all before and our confidential
service is here to help you through such sensitive issues
Here are some things to remember about STI’s
• Anyone having unprotected sex (sex without a condom) with a new partner is at risk.
• It is best to use a condom with a new partner, at least for the first three months until both people can be tested.
• STI tests are NOT painful, they are quick and simple, especially for men. Many are simply a urine test.
• You may NOT have any symptoms, many people don’t even know they have a STI.
• Most STI’s can be treated.
• Get the right up-to-date information from a specialist clinic.
At the INP Medical Clinic we do STI tests for a large number of people.
Chlamydia is a very common infection and many people who had Chlamydia did not know they
had it until they come to us for a test.
Chlamydia is easy to treat, but if it’s left untreated in women, it can lead to them being unable to have babies later on.
With a lot of STI’s there are NO symptoms – people don’t even know they have anything.
If you’re not sure, or you’ve had unprotected sex lately, then come and talk to us here at the INP Medical Clinic.
HPV Vaccine article published in
Nursing Review (October 2008)
Pubic hair seems to have some protective function against sexually transmitted infections STIs),
so waxing / shaving leaves you more vulnerable to STIs such as Hepatitis B & C, Herpes and HIV.
Information About Waxing, Shaving, Epilation
Email us for enquiries on STI’s